Top 10 Kindle Accessories: The Most Popular Accessories for Kindle List 2018
- 1 powerful LED delivers bright, even light
- Interchangeable cuffs designed to fit your Kindle securely and works with Kindle 1, 2, 3 and DX
- Arcing neck glides up into "on" position and down for "off" and storage
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
Description and Review
Most Popular Kindle Accessories for Your Ebook Reader.
The Kindle has taken the world by storm. It is a portable e-book reader that was developed by a subsidiary of Amazon.com. It is a device that allows users to shop, browse, download and read books, newspapers, magazines, blogs and more.
The Kindle has become a great alternative to actually buying books, newspapers and magazines, as these things can go anywhere with the reader in a very thin and portable device.
Kindles has been on the market since late 2007 and in that time it has become well known and has gone through a couple of updates and upgrades to make the e-reader even more enticing to a growing number of consumers.
Now that the Kindle is so widely known and used the product line has expanded. In addition to the upgraded Kindle product, there are many Kindle accessories available which allow the user to make the most of their time spent using their e-book reading. Some are just fashion statements, some accessories are fun to use and others help to protect the Kindle so that it can go anywhere and continue to work properly for years to come.
5 Most Popular Kindle Accessories
- Book Reading Light. The e-ink technology allows for a great surface to read on in the daylight but because it mimics paper so well, you are going to need a light when you are reading at night. This light will clip right onto your Kindle cover so that you can read anywhere, anytime without straining your eyes. The light will come in particularly handy when you want to read in bed but don’t want to disturb your partner.It is also great when you are traveling by car or by air as it is just bright enough to provide you with the illumination that you need to read without disturbing those around you. It is an LED light, so you don’t have to worry about it burning out.
- Gelaskins. These are unique “skins” for your Kindle that will allow you to infuse your Kindle with your own personal style. These skins utilize the 3M technology so that you can apply them to your Kindle so that they will adhere to the surface but when you want to remove it, it will not leave any sticky residue and is very easy to remove. The fun part of these Gelaskins is that they come in a variety of colors and funky designs. A lot of people have a Kindle so this is a great way to personalize your e-book reader. There are more and more designs coming out all the time, making this a fun way to dress up your Kindle to suit your mood. Perhaps the best part is that the skins usually run about $20 so you won’t go broke dressing up your Kindle!
See more GelaSkins Protective Kindle Skin
- Zagg InvisibleSHIELD. The Kindle is an investment that you need to protect. While the Kindle is well built and is durable enough to travel from place to place, the screen is susceptible to scratches and nicks. To prevent this, you can use the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD. This is a pre-cut film that fits perfectly over the screen of your Kindle screen. It is not sticky so you don’t have to worry about a sticky residue, so you don’t have to worry about your Kindle being ruined. The technology that is used in these shields is the same technology that is used by the military to protect helicopter bales from dust, dirt and debris.
- Carrying case. Because your Kindle is an investment you want to protect it from the bangs and bruises that it is sure to encounter on a regular basis. A great way to protect your Kindle is with a leather case. They come in many different colors and textures and will not only allow you to protect your Kindle but also allow you to infuse your Kindle experience with your personal sense of style. It’s important to get one of the leather cases that is meant for the Kindle as the units that are meant for the Kindle will hold the Kindle in place so that it is as well protected as possible.If you don’t like the leather option, you can also go for the neoprene sleeve. This works much like a bag in that you simply put your Kindle into the sleeve when it is not in use and then you take it out. It is going to protect your Kindle while it is in transit in a bag or purse. It just adds an extra layer of padding between it and the outside world. These come in many different colors so you can choose the one that fits your sense of style and personality best.
- Kindle Kradle. If you like to multitask while reading from your Kindle a great Kindle accessory to consider is the Kindle Kradle. It will cradle your Kindle so that it sits at the perfect angle to read from. This means that you can eat or even prepare a meal while you read and it is a hands free option. The Kradle holds your Kindle at a 15 degree angle so that you can enjoy your books while eating or even to avoid strain on your wrists if you are an avid reader. The great thing about the Kindle Kradle is that it is very affordable, usually sold around $20.
Other Fun Kindle accessory Gadgets for Your Pleasure
There are a lot of great Kindle gadget being introduced to the market that will allow you to make the most of your Kindle purchase. Some more useful or fun Kindle accessories include items such as:
- Kindle Car Charger. While the Kindle holds a charge that will last you days, a car charger is a great option for the avid reader. If you will be traveling and plan to read a lot while you are on the road, the Kindle car charger will come in handy. If nothing else, it will ensure that your Kindle is always charged so that when you need it, it will be fully charged and will allow you to jump right into your book or magazine. The Kindle car charger is hard to pass up because it is priced right at about $10.
See more Retractable Car Charger for kindle
- M-Edge Waterproof Guardian Case. This product will be hitting the market soon. If you are one of those people who loves to take a book into the tub with you, this is going to be a must have purchase for you. This is a water proof case for your Kindle that will allow you to take your Kindle into the tub. It is water proof and it floats so you don’t have to worry about dropping your Kindle in the water. This is a fantastic idea and will make a great gift for the avid reader who likes to take their books into the tub with them.
See more Guardian Case for kindle
- Power Adapter. The Kindle will come with a power cord that will charge the Kindle in four hours, a charge that will hold for several days. If you use your Kindle a lot though, you may want to purchase another power adapter. This is especially true if you use the Kindle at home and at work. Having a power adapter in both places will ensure that your Kindle is always fully charged so you can make the most of your investment.
- Warranty. While it is not a tangible accessory, when you are purchasing your Kindle one add on item that you want to get is a warranty. Amazon offers the ability to purchase a two year warranty so that your Kindle purchase will continue to be covered for those two years. While you don’t plan on breaking your Kindle and they are made very well, sometimes things happen and a warranty will ensure that your purchase is not a total loss. Once you have a Kindle you won’t want to live without it, so a warranty is a must have.
- Travel light. If you will be traveling and space is at a premium, you may want to consider buying a Kindle travel light. These lights are much more compact than the ones that you would consider buying for use at home but they will still provide the light that you need to read in dark conditions without straining your eyes. These lights come in all shapes and sizes and will clip onto your Kindle or onto your Kindle cover, depending on the Kindle you have and the light that you buy.
- Leather clutch. If you want to dress your Kindle up a bit more you can buy the cases that look more like a clutch than a Kindle cover or slip case. The Diane von Furstenberg Kallie Leather Clutch is a great example of this. These clutches have a clasp on the front like a clutch and they are offered in a wide variety of colors and patterns to suit your personal sense of style.
- Ear buds. If you want to have a book or magazine read to you and you don’t want to disturb those around you, you should purchase a pair of ear buds for your Kindle. While you may usually use your Kindle to read, if you decide you would like to listen to music or take advantage of the fact that your Kindle can read English data to you, you will probably want ear buds. This is especially true if you will be traveling and you don’t want to disturb those seated around you.
- Zippered sleeve. If you like the neoprene style sleeves better than the leather cases but you want something that will keep your Kindle as safe as possible while in transit, you may want to consider buying a sleeve that zips. These will ensure that your Kindle won’t fall out of the sleeve, causing damage to the screen or even resulting in dropping it. The zippered sleeves come in a variety of shapes and colors to fit your Kindle model as well as your personal sense of style.
Check bellow our selection of kindle accessories.
As you can see, there are a wide variety of kindle accessories for your electronic readers that will allow you to personalize your e-book reader experience as much or as little as you would like. None of the accessories are necessary to make the Kindle function but if you want to be able to use it any time, want to protect your investment and want it to be as comfortable to use as possible, you may want to consider purchasing these accessories.
The more you use your new Kindle Reader the handier these accessories will be. It’s important when you are purchasing Kindle accessories that you buy the accessories that are meant specifically for your model. While a lot of the accessories are interchangeable and will work with any Kindle, the cases and sleeves may not work for all models, which is why you need to buy with your specific model in mind.