Whether you like reading near the pool, by the seaside, or just in your bathtub choosing the best waterproof ereader may be a little confusing with such a wide variety of products on the market.
It’s even harder to choose when products have similar prices and lists with very different options, so finding the best one can be a really difficult task. But doing this can save you from a lot of trouble.
First, you need to know what are your needs. This way you can decide what deserves and what does not deserve to pay for, etc.
For example, if you are looking for a waterproof e-Reader then it’s a must that the ebook reader should have this particular option because you want to use it outdoors.
Also, it is better to choose an ebook reader that is dustproof too. Another important thing is the battery life. What would you do with an e-reader resistant to water if your battery life will drain very quickly, while you’re recreating at the pool or by the seaside?
Pay attention to the storage space and choose an ereader that has some extra space. You never know when you’re going to need it.
So, what is the best e-reader to buy for using it at the beach, pool, tube, or outdoor?
Best Waterproof ereader: Top 3
After reviewing more than 10 ebook readers and after taking into account user reviews, specs, price, and durability we find these selections as the best waterproof e-readers.
1. Amazon Kindle Oasis
- Now available in Graphite or Champagne Gold.
- Our largest, highest resolution display- 7" and 300 ppi, reads like real paper...
- The first waterproof (IPX8) Kindle so you are free to read in even more places.
- Now with Audible, listen to the world's largest library of audiobooks. Pair with...
The Amazon Kindle Oasis has the highest resolution display 7″ and 300 PPI. Reads like real paper without glare even in bright sunlight.
The Kindle Oasis it’s the first waterproof e-reader IPX8 so you can use it anywhere.
Its design thin and light with dedicated page turn buttons and an adaptive front light that lets you read comfortably as long as you want.
One battery charge lasts weeks. Also the storage space it’s generous with 8 or 32 GB. In our tests, Oasis is the best e-reader resistant to water.
2. Barnes and Noble Nook Glowlight Plus
- Read day and night with GlowLight Plus
- Paper-like reading experience Fingerprint- and scratch-resistant
- Waterproof and dustproof - Made of durable aluminum
- Weeks of battery life
Barnes and Noble Nook GlowLight Plus.
Being dustproof also makes the Nook Glowlight one of the best choices but second in our top. It also offers a paper-like reading experience.
It is waterproof, dustproof, and scratch-resistant. Also is made of durable aluminum so it’s light and strong. The battery life has weeks on a single charge.
3. Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
- Now available in Black or Twilight Blue
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet-with a flush-front design and 300 ppi...
- Now waterproof, so you're free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the...
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics,...
Kindle Paperwhite it’s the thinnest and lightest Kindle. You can use it to read in bright sunlight without a problem with the 300 PPI glare-free display that feels and reads like real paper.
Yes, it is so you can use it at the beach, by the pool or in the bath. A single battery charge lasts weeks also. The built-in adjustable light helps you read at any time of the day or night. With Kindle Paperwhite you have access to Audible.
Best Waterproof ereader – Final Verdict
If you want the best waterproof e-reader that 2021 can bring, then the Kindle Oasis is the choice to make.
However it is a little expensive so if you don’t want to spend much, then you can orientate to the BarnesNoble Nook Glowlight or Kindle Paperwhite.
Also, throw an eye at Kobo e-reader they might have what you need.
Last update on 2021-05-03 / This post contains Affiliate links.