The Amazon Kindle has really changed the way we read, and with its popularity comes a few frustrations. The Kindle community is flooded with popular questions like “How to remove books from Kindle” or “how to delete books from the library”. All of these questions are answered right now.
Here are the answers to the above questions.
How to remove books from Kindle
It is really simple to download ebooks, pictures, music files, and other cool stuff onto your device, but at some point, you are going to need to remove some of it to make room for the latest and greatest items. Outlined step-by-step, here is the way to remove books and files from your device.
- Go to the home screen of your device
- Using the 5-way controller, locate and highlight the book, photo, or other items you wish to delete.
- Press LEFT on the 5-way controller
- A black delete button will appear and use the 5-way controller to select it.
- A confirmation box will appear. Use the 5-way controller to select “Ok”.
The nice thing about buying from Amazon is even if you delete a file, you can retrieve it from the archive on your device. Ensure that your wireless is turned on to re-download it.
Also, you can go to “Manage your Kindle” on Amazon, find the book, and resend it to your device. If you didn’t purchase the ebook from Amazon, you will have to re-copy it from your computer file or download it again from where you initially bought it.
You can also read Where to download free ebooks illegal
What do you do when your Kindle freezes
If this has happened to you, you might have experienced a moment of anxiety. Yes, I’m talking about the moment When your device freezes up. But just take a breathe and relax. It probably is fixable. Before you call the Customer Service, try these things:
- Try a soft reset. Press the Alt-Shift-R keys at the same time; or
- Press reset. Take the cover off the back, and insert a thin paperclip into the small hole and hold it for about ten seconds.
If these two tips don’t work, you may need to try it again with the device plugged into its charger.
The device freezes for several of reasons, but the two most common seem to be:
- Letting the battery run too far down; and
- Pressing too many keys rapidly which causes the device to become “confused”.
How to delete books from Kindle: Closing Line
Don’t panic. Remember, although your device is a wondrous gadget, it is still a computer and therefore, has to be handled with care.
You can find a lot of advice out there and don’t forget, Amazon Customer Service is available to help.