Kindle Keyboard 3G review: What you should know
Kindle Keyboard 3G: Introduction
The introduction of the Kindle Keyboard 3G meant that the Kindle was thinner, lighter, and faster than ever before. This amazing piece of technology is only 1/3” thick but can still store 3,500 books and has a battery life of two months.
Kindle Keyboard 3G
We think our readers will find that they can read books on the kindle for hours without feeling any discomfort because it weighs only 8.7 ounces. The sleekly designed unit can be held very comfortably in one hand. Like other products, in the Kindle range the Kindle Keyboard uses an E Ink display that is clear and crisp. It reads just like real paper with no glare.
You can get this product with 3G Internet capability. There are no annual contracts or monthly fees to be worried about. Simply enjoy being able to browse the Internet on your new device.
Other features that customers are used to are included such as the large range of books, the text to speech function, and the option to sample books before you buy them.
Features and Specifications:
– Read through millions of different books, newspapers, audiobooks and games.
– Interactive keyboard.
– Measures 7.5” x 4.8” x 0.34”.
– Stores 3,500 books (4GB).
– Battery life of two months.
– Adjustable text sizes and font choices.
– Full image zoom.
– Fast page turn.
What to expect from the device
The Kindle Keyboard 3G has received some fantastic feedback. It is a huge seller on Amazon and has been reviewed over 32,000 times. 72% of its reviewers have given it a five-star rating. This product provides all the great features that are associated with the Kindle series with the addition of a keyboard.
Cons – The Kindle Keyboard has received a number of negative reviews but we feel that this was inevitable because it has been reviewed so many times.
Unfortunately, a lot of the complaints have been about the unit’s keyboard. There are lots of reviewers who have said that they find the keys too close together, which makes it hard to type effectively. Also, the fact that there are no individual numbers on the keyboard similarly detracts from the usability of the product.
Another thing we found was that reviewers think that the PDF reader is quite poor. Customers have had trouble resizing PDF documents and reading them. If viewing PDF documents is a priority for you then we suggest you check out the Kindle DX .
Pros for the Kindle Keyboard
Pros – The device has received an extremely large number of positive reviews.
There really are so many features that customers are impressed with and we will list the most common compliments made for the product.
The feature that most customers really like is the unit’s size. It’s smaller than previous models and also light enough to hold with one hand while reading. Reviewers have found that it is the perfect size and very comfortable to read books on.
Another common compliment that we found during our research was for the unit’s display. Reviewers like the contrast of the screen and find that reading is generally easier than the previous models.
See best – Kindles with Keyboards on Amazon.com
You may want to read also: Kindle Accessories
- 6" Carta E Ink touchscreen
- Comfort Light: Built-in
- 7. 64 x 5. 91 x 1. 06 inches, 180G
- Our best 7", 300ppi flush-front Paperwhite display
- Adjustable warm light to shift screen shade from white to amber
- Waterproof (IPX8) so you can read in the bath or by the pool
- Thin and light ergonomic design with page turn buttons
- Reads like real paper with the latest e-ink technology for fast page turns
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet-with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.
- Now waterproof, so you're free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks.
- Now with Audible (in countries where available). Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.
Other features that the customers are impressed with include that you can read samples of books before you buy them, that you can turn pages very fast, that the storage space is a lot bigger than previous versions, and that it has a long battery life.
Bottom Line conclusion
Would we recommend this device to our customers?
Absolutely, and here’s why:
It’s a shame that there have been a few complaints about the keyboard, but we really like that the customers are impressed with the unit’s size and how comfortable it is to hold while reading. We also like that the display is clear and we think our readers will really enjoy reading books on this.
Our recommendation pales in comparison to the persuasion offered by 23,700 five-star ratings so you should definitely have a look at these reviews if you are unsure about purchasing this product.
photo credit Kindl 3 by Zhao[/caption]