Nook Color eReader Review – The only color ebook reader available in the market, Barnes and Noble brings, is the Nook Color. With the VividViewTM Color Touchscreen, the rich high resolution backlit screen makes use of more than 16 million colors to light up and illuminate spectacular images as well as sharp text for simple reading night and day.
Nook Color ereader review
NOOK Color ebook-reader allows you to go beyond just reading with the built-in Wi-Fi® connection. You can go online, check email, shop, read blogs and search for anything you may need to search for.
One feature that is exclusive to all Nook models is the LendMe which allows you to borrow from as well as lend books to friends with a few simple taps.
Also, you are able to share passages as well as recommend books right from the page of the item you are reading via Twitter and Facebook.
The ereader lets you design your own home page, personalize bookshelves, change fonts to your liking, and create a truly customized reading experience.
Get suggestions for books you might enjoy with the exclusive NOOKbook Personal Shopping feature where Barnes and Noble bookseller experts make recommendations based on books you enjoy, to help you take pleasure in one wonderful read after another.
Plus, the NookColor provides plenty of extras, like Crossword puzzles, Sudoku, Chess and Pandora and web radio just to name a few. If you are wondering where to buy a Nook Tablet, the best answer is Amazon.com
Nook Color Highlights
- Most advanced E Ink® 7″ Color Touchscreen Display w/ crisp fonts
- Just-Like-Paper Reading
- Crisp, clear text and images
- Read in bright sun with no glare
- VividView™ Color Touchscreen – A stunning 7″ VividView™ Color Touchscreen.
- Incredibly Easy To Use – Just Touch and Read
- Ultra-lightweight, Thin and Ultra Portable
- Longest Battery Life
- Book Choices – World’s Largest Bookstore
- Change Text Font
- NOOK Friends – Connect with NOOK tablet Friends™ to share and find new titles.
- with exclusive LendMe® technology.
- Expert Recommendations – Get recommendations from expert Barnes & Noble booksellers based on your what you like to read. Browse top picks, bestseller lists and personalized suggestions based on the authors you prefer and chrish right fro the Nook.
- Superior Customer Service
- 80% less flashing than other readers
- Borrow Public Library Books – Use the Nook to borrow and read eBooks from your local library!
- On-Screen Keyboard – Nook’s on-screen keyboard appears whenever you need it. Just touch and type to shop for a new read or find a title in your library.
- Screen Personalization
- My Shelves – Organize all your books on virtual shelves
- Lots of Perks for Nook Owners In Store
Nook Color Specifications
- Free WiFi
- Wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi® (802.11b/g/n)
- Free Wi-Fi in all Barnes & Noble stores
- Free WiFi® at over 20,000 AT&T® hotspots nationwide
- Weight: 7.48 oz
- Height 6.5 inches
- Width: 5.0 inches
- Depth: 0.47 inches
- 2GB – Stores up to 1,000 books
- Slip in a micro SD card to add your personal files
- Expandable microSD† card up to 32GB
- Longest Battery Life
- Battery can last up to 2 months with WiFi off**
- Installed rechargeable battery
- Charge via USB to a computer or power adapter
- Charging time: 3 hours from wall outlet
- MicroUSB connector charges your battery and connects to your computer
- Micro USB connector
- Supported file types
- ePub, PDF
- Graphic: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP