Looking for a great pair of wireless headphones can be a daunting task, especially when there are so many options available in the market. Two of the most popular wireless headphones that have been gaining a lot of attention lately are the Skullcandy Crusher Evo and the Beats Studio 3.
Both of these headphones have some impressive features, but they also have their differences. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the Skullcandy Crusher Evo vs Beats Studio 3, including their design, sound quality, battery life, and connectivity options, to help you decide which one is the right choice for you. Whether you’re a music lover, gamer, or someone who just wants a great pair of headphones for your daily commute, this comparison will help you make an informed decision.
Skullcandy Crusher Evo standout features
The Skullcandy Crusher Evo headphones have several standout features that make them a great choice for music enthusiasts.
First and foremost, the Crusher Evo features Skullcandy’s patented haptic bass technology, which delivers powerful and immersive bass that can be adjusted to the listener’s preference. This means that you can adjust the bass to your liking and enjoy a personalized listening experience.
Another great feature of the Crusher Evo is the built-in Tile tracker, which allows you to easily locate your headphones if they are ever lost or misplaced. Simply use the Tile app to locate your headphones, and you’ll be able to find them in no time.
In addition, the Crusher Evo has a long battery life of up to 40 hours, which is perfect for long listening sessions. And if you need to quickly charge your headphones, the rapid charge feature provides 4 hours of playtime with just a 10-minute charge.
The headphones also feature an adjustable sensory bass control, which allows you to adjust the bass level to your preference. This is great for listening to different genres of music and getting the most out of each song.
Beats Studio 3 standout features
Pure Adaptive Noise Cancelling (Pure ANC): This feature uses advanced algorithms to actively block out external noise and adjust to your environment. This allows you to focus on your music and block out distractions, making it an ideal choice for those who want to immerse themselves in their favorite tunes.
Apple W1 Chip: The Beats Studio 3 headphones are equipped with the Apple W1 chip, which allows for easy and seamless pairing with Apple devices. It also helps to conserve battery life and provides a more stable wireless connection.
Fast Fuel Charging: If you’re short on time, the Fast Fuel Charging feature allows you to quickly charge your headphones for up to three hours of playback with just 10 minutes of charging time.
Class 1 Bluetooth Connectivity: With Class 1 Bluetooth connectivity, you can enjoy a wider range and stronger signal strength, which means you can move around freely without losing your connection.
Dual-Mode Adaptive Noise Cancelling: The Beats Studio 3 headphones feature two modes of noise cancelling: Pure ANC, which blocks out all external noise, and Transparency mode, which allows you to hear your surroundings while still enjoying your music.
Customizable Comfort: The Beats Studio 3 headphones are designed with soft, over-ear cushions that provide a comfortable fit for long listening sessions. They also feature an adjustable headband that allows you to customize the fit to your liking.
Skullcandy Crusher Evo vs Beats Studio 3: Key differences
While both headphones offer impressive sound quality and cutting-edge technology, there are some key differences that may help you make your decision.
First, let’s talk about design and comfort.
- The Skullcandy Crusher Evo features a sleek and modern design, with a foldable construction for easy storage. The ear cups are well-padded with memory foam for maximum comfort, even during extended listening sessions.
- On the other hand, Beats Studio 3, has a more traditional design, with oval-shaped ear cups that are also well-padded for comfort. The headband is adjustable and has a cushioned underside, making it comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
When it comes to sound quality, both headphones have their strengths.
- The Skullcandy Crusher Evo features powerful bass that can be adjusted with the built-in bass slider. These headphones also have impressive noise-canceling technology that blocks out ambient noise, making them ideal for use in noisy environments.
- Beats Studio 3, on the other hand, offer a more balanced sound profile with clean and clear highs, mids, and lows. The headphones also have advanced noise-canceling technology that uses a combination of active noise canceling (ANC) and real-time audio calibration to block out external noise.
- The Skullcandy Crusher Evo boasts an impressive 40-hour battery life. This means that you can listen to music, take calls, and enjoy other features for up to 40 hours on a single charge. Additionally, the Crusher Evo comes with Rapid Charge technology that gives you four hours of playback with just a 10-minute charge. This is a great feature for those who are always on the go and need a quick charge.
- Beats Studio 3 offers a slightly lower battery life of up to 22 hours. This is still a decent amount of time for a day’s worth of use, but it falls short compared to the Crusher Evo. However, the Studio 3 also has Fast Fuel technology that gives you three hours of playback with just a 10-minute charge. This is still a useful feature for those who need a quick charge.
It’s worth noting that both headphones have an auto on/off feature that helps conserve battery life. When you take off the Crusher Evo or Studio 3, they will automatically turn off to save power. Similarly, when you put them back on, they will turn on and reconnect to your device automatically. This is a convenient feature that can help extend the battery life even further.
- The Skullcandy Crusher Evo uses Bluetooth 5.0 technology, which allows for a stable connection up to 33 feet away from the device. It also features the ability to connect to two devices simultaneously, which is useful for those who switch between their phone and laptop frequently.
- Beats Studio 3 uses Apple’s W1 chip to connect wirelessly to your devices. This chip provides a seamless connection to Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Macs, but can also be used with non-Apple devices via Bluetooth. The range of the Beats Studio 3 is similar to that of the Skullcandy Crusher Evo, with a maximum range of 30 feet.
Both headphones also offer the ability to use them with a wired connection, with the Skullcandy Crusher Evo featuring a 3.5mm audio jack and the Beats Studio 3 using a standard audio cable with a 3.5mm plug.
In terms of connectivity, both the Skullcandy Crusher Evo and Beats Studio 3 offer wireless connectivity with Bluetooth technology. However, the Skullcandy Crusher Evo offers the ability to connect to two devices simultaneously, while the Beats Studio 3 uses the Apple W1 chip for seamless connection to Apple devices.
Both of these headphones are popular options for audiophiles and casual listeners alike, but they come with different price tags.
- The Skullcandy Crusher Evo headphones are priced at around $199, making them a mid-range option in terms of pricing. Despite this, they come with impressive features such as 40 hours of battery life, adjustable bass levels, and personalized sound profiles through the Skullcandy app.
- The Beats Studio 3 headphones are more expensive at around $349. However, they also come with a range of features such as noise-cancellation technology, up to 22 hours of battery life, and a sleek, lightweight design.
When it comes down to price, the Skullcandy Crusher Evo headphones are a more affordable option while still providing great sound quality and features. However, if you are willing to invest more in your headphones and want features like noise-cancellation, the Beats Studio 3 headphones may be a better fit for you.
Skullcandy Crusher Evo vs Beats Studio 3: Pros and Cons
Skullcandy Crusher Evo: Pros
- Impressive bass response
- Long battery life
- Adjustable haptic bass levels
- Comfortable fit with memory foam ear cushions
Skullcandy Crusher Evo: Cons
- Heavy and bulky design
- Mediocre noise isolation
- Average overall sound quality
- Limited control options on the ear cups
Beats Studio 3: Pros
- Excellent noise cancelling capabilities
- Stylish design with a wide range of color options
- Good overall sound quality
- Easy pairing with Apple devices
Beats Studio 3: Cons
- Expensive compared to similar products
- Relatively short battery life
- Lacks customization options for EQ settings
- Can be uncomfortable for some users during long listening sessions
It’s clear that both products have their own strengths and weaknesses. While the Skullcandy Crusher Evo excels in bass response and battery life, the Beats Studio 3 stands out for its noise cancelling capabilities and stylish design.
In conclusion, both the Skullcandy Crusher Evo and the Beats Studio 3 are excellent choices for anyone looking for high-quality wireless headphones. While they have their differences in terms of design, sound quality, and price, both headphones offer impressive features and technologies that are sure to enhance your listening experience. Ultimately, the best choice for you will depend on your personal preferences and budget.