What is a Kindle and how to use it? A Kindle is represented by a series of electronic devices manufactured by Amazon, that allows users to browse the internet, buy and download books, read blogs newspapers, and magazines.
Are you interested in broadening your knowledge base and studying various subject areas? Or do you merely wish to read an incredible novel and escape into another world? You should definitely take into consideration getting an Amazon Kindle if you are a lover of books be it fiction or nonfiction.
For any fan of books, there are a lot of things the Kindle is very good for.
What is a Kindle ?
To answer the question of what is a Kindle is simply say that it is a handheld electronic reader that is completely mobile and wireless. The Kindle is a device meant for reading a variety of items, including, books, newspapers, PDF files, documents, audiobooks, magazines, periodicals, and blogs on the go.
No computer is ever needed just go to the Kindle Store, choose and buy your books, magazines, or any of the thousands of items they offer, upload them to the Kindle in seconds and read to your hearts content, from anywhere and at any time with this lightweight, ultra-portable thin device.
The Kindle is Amazon’s most purchased product and with thousands of raving user reviews. As well as the many industry experts agree that the Kindle is the best electronic ebook on the market, it’s definitely easy to conclude that this device is the cream of the crop when it comes to ebook readers.
Completely ready to use right out of the box, without any software installation, computers, or set up of any kind.
Check out the features below to see why everyone loves Amazon’s ebook reader so much. Even though when asking what is a Kindle most will say that it is a digital book reader. Is created, first and foremost, with that in mind – it can do a lot more than just store and display eBooks! Learn more below.
- Kindle vs. iPad
- Kindle Oasis vs. Paperwhite
- Nook vs. Kindle
- Kindle Paperwhite vs. Voyage
- Kindle Voyage vs. Oasis
What can you do on a Kindle?
The belief that on one simple gadget, you can store around 1500 books is regarded as the apparent convenience. This is great for journeys, for students, and for anybody who wants to read. No more should it be required to cram books into your bookbag. Bringing all you would like to read on one easy device helps you to save so much packing room when going on vacations.
What the iPod did for music fans, the Kindle has quickly accomplished for book fans.
In fact, this Amazon device simulates reading a real book. It has a display screen that exhibits up to 16 shades of gray, which decreases power and in actual fact re-creates the book reading experience for anyone.
Furthermore, like you could do using a real book, you will be able to emphasize particular passages within the book.
There is quite a choice of books accessible for the ereadr, and it develops daily.
Better still, in terms of numerous books like those old classics you’ve always aspired to read, you may well be able to get those books totally free through Amazon on your Kindle.
There are several magazine subscriptions you can also obtain on your device. Then when a brand new issue of The New Yorker or The Economist is released, it will be easy to read it immediately on your device.
Also, available on the e-reader, you will find numerous magazines. No matter what your passions are, it will be easy to locate a magazine that is stimulating to you. Having an entire book store available 24 hours a day is like having a Kindle.
An excellent thing about the Kindle is all of the games that you can play.
This is a terrific tool specifically for extended flights or waiting in waiting rooms. BlackJack and Every Word are only two of the games that may captivate you for hours.
There will also be new games that are always becoming readily available for Kindle users. There’s no doubt about this. E-books are the new way to read as the publishing world is beginning to change.
Why not embrace the change and carry around one device that will hold numerous books, magazines, and also games? For anyone who enjoys reading, this is certainly a convenient tool. Even better, though, for some people, it can help them to become fans of books because there is such a big selection accessible to users.
Even if it packs a lot of functionalities let’s take a look at what exactly you can do on it.
Here are some benefits Kindle offers
1. Web Surfing
The ebook reader is an Internet surfing gadget. Even though the internet browser that is included with the Amazon Kindle digital book readers isn’t the most sophisticated, it really is very beneficial in certain scenarios.
2. Is An MP3 Player
Amazon’s device includes a headphone jack so that you can also utilize it as an MP3 player. Ideal for playing music without needing to tote around an additional gadget, as well as hearing any audiobooks you purchase.
3. Text To Voice Reader
It includes a text-to-speech feature that will read eBooks aloud to you, this is a really useful functionality to experience for several circumstances.
it is also a live dictionary. The Kindle arrives with a dictionary that is preloaded and that means that researching various worlds is much easier than it is with traditional books, and can also be used in other situations. Also, there is access to Wikipedia to learn more about what you’re reading.
5. Back Up All Your Books
The Amazon Kindle as well as its related software may also be used to backup books that you have and turn them from paper to digital form.
6. Use Apps and Play Games
Whenever you would like you can take a break from what you’re doing and download a few games or apps in order to make to spend your free time as well as possible.
7. Read anything without eye strain.
It’s true you can read books or articles on your phone too. But why strain your eyes? Kindle devices are designed specifically to make your digital reading experience perfect. Instead of equipping its new e-readers with backlit displays, Amazon has opted to provide guide lights from the top in order to reduce eye stress and fatigue. Brightness levels also remain completely adjustable to allow you to readjust as easily in sunlit areas and low-light settings both.
8. Automatically Sync Books and Share Documents
Sync All Devices With Whispersync. You can share your ebooks with all your devices. They can be read on iPhones, PC, MAC, iPad, Android devices, or the BlackBerry smartphone. Whispersync technology that comes with the e-reader syncs across all the listed devices, so you can interchange as you need to and keep reading from where you left off.
9. Top-Notch PDF Reader
The Kindle now has a new dictionary lookup and supports protected PDF files. Read, store, and carry all your documents for access at any time, includes Pan and Zoom for PDF files.
10. Annotations and Notes.
With the Kindle, it’s easy to add notes and annotations to any text on the screen, and since this is digital content you can delete, export, and edit your notes as much as you wish. The Amazon ebook reader also allows you to highlight and clip key content passages and bookmark these for future use.
11. Automatic Bookmarks
It is not necessary to remember where you left off in your reading since the ebook reader always and automatically remembers your place and opens automatically to the last page you were reading
Share with Twitter and Facebook
Built-in Twitter and Facebook integration for sharing passages. You can post to Facebook or tweet on Twitter about a great book, a newspaper, or magazine article, just highlight, and share.
12. Wireless Access to Wikipedia Online Encyclopedia
The ebook reader has free built-in access to the globe’s most comprehensive and updated encyclopedia, Wikipedia.org. It’s easy to look up any information you need with the Kindle, search for people, places, events, data, facts, and anything else you can imagine. That’s totally portable information at your fingertips from anywhere and at any time.
13. Borrow books
As a member of Amazon Prime, you also get the privilege of borrowing books instead of buying them outright.
- High-Contrast E Ink Screen with Pearl Technology
- 50% better contrast than other ebook readers.
- Super clear text and ultra-sharp images due to the latest E Ink Pearl display.
- Works Great in Bright Sunlight – In contrast to LCD screens, Kindle’s screen reads like actual paper, so there is no annoying glare, even in the brightest sunlight.
- Font Size Customization- Eight adjustable text sizes for comfortable reading.
- Extraordinary Battery Life – It can run a whole month on a single charge of the battery when wireless is off. With wireless on it can run for up to 3 weeks without needing a new charge.
- Ultra Lightweight – It weighs less than the lightest of paperbacks, at only 8.5 ounces and 1/3 inch thin. It weighs less than paperback books or even magazines. Easy to carry, easy to hold and read from anywhere.
- Free 3G Wireless – No Monthly Fees and Never Any Contracts – If you have a high-speed internet connection and wireless router set up in your home and do not want to pay the extra bucks for the 3G model of the Kindle, then you can opt for the less expensive Wi-Fi model.
- Reads To You – The ebook reader comes with innovative Text-to-Speech technology that will read your books and content to you in English out loud.
- Built-In Wi-Fi – Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots wherever you go. And this e-reader comes with free Wi-Fi access at AT&T hotspots across the United States.
- Quiet Page Turning – Super quiet page-turning allows you to read anywhere without disturbing people around you, especially your spouse while reading in bed.
- User Friendly and Simple – You can use Amazon’s device as soon as it arrives at your door, no software, no installs, no setups, and you do not need a computer.
- Free Book Chapter Samples – Use the ebook reader to download and read the first chapters of any book you want for free before you decide to buy it.
- Order Archive – Books that you have bought from the Kindle store are stored in an online backup library archive automatically so you can re-download the books anytime you need to.
- Search – Easy search allows you to search within a book, across your entire, throughout the Kindle Store, and even the Internet to find what you are looking for.
- Dictionary – Full built-in dictionary with one-touch access to any word.
- Popular Highlights – Popular highlights is a neat feature on the ereader, as it will highlight particular sections of books if several other readers around the world have already highlighted these along with the number of folks who highlighted.
How to use the Kindle?
There is no setup required. You can just use the device straight out of the box to buy books and other reading materials, upload documents, and read away.
The 3G models are super convenient because with the free 3G connection you never need to worry about finding a hotspot to connect to with the WIFI.
The built-in 3G connectivity has absolutely no monthly fees or contracts because Amazon pays for the service and 3G has coverage in over 100 countries and territories.
Kindle is an electronic device that easily allows you to read books without eye strain. The E-Ink technology on the e-reader feels like reading the real paper. So, if you are an avid reader then you should buy a Kindle device.